The Rules of Professional Conduct Committee of the Louisiana State Bar Association will meet on Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 12:00 noon. The meeting will be held at the Bar Center, 601 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans. If you have any suggested topics or concerns to share with the Committee, please post comments below and they will be shared with the Committee. Among other topics, the Committee will consider the following:
- Recommending adoption of the ABA’s recent revisions to Model Rule 1.10, which permits screening of some lateral hires to avoid imputation of former-client conflicts.
- Recommending replacement of the MPRE with a written examination. For thoughts on adding legal ethics to the essay portion of the bar examination, click here.
- Recommending adoption of new rules regulating lawyers handling mass-tort matters.
- Recommending adoption of the ABA’s recent revisions to Model Rule 3.8, which imposes various obligations on prosecutors in connection with innocent defendants.
- Recommending revisions to Louisiana Supreme Court Rule XIX, section 26 relating to notice to clients, adverse parties and other counsel in the wake of discipline or resignation.
For draft minutes of the Committee’s last meeting (held on October 9, 2009), see below:
[scribd id=22313651 key=key-1x35w9o4pqa1cf8hqsbm]