In its annual post, Legal Ethics Forum has collected the top ten legal ethics stories of 2014. Among the ten are the following:
- Waivers of ineffective assistance of counsel held unethical.
- DAs in Ferguson and Garner homicides under scrutiny.
- Judicial nominee blocked because of past controversial client.
- Bar passage rates take “ominous” dip.
- California rejects adoption of ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct.
- In-house lawyers at GM scrutinized for roles in non-recall.
- South Carolina declares that Legal Zoom not engaged in unauthorized practice of law.
- Torture report questions role of lawyers.