These lawyers were the subject of Louisiana Supreme Court disciplinary orders or Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board recommendations that were made public during the month of July 2015.
Louisiana Supreme Court
- Gerald Joseph Asay. The court ordered that the respondent be suspended from the practice of law on an interim basis pursuant to Supreme Court Rule XIX, § 19.3.
- Richard C. Teissier. The court granted ODC’s Petition for Interim Suspension for Threat of Harm and suspended Mr. Teissier from the practice of law indefinitely.
Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board
- Christine M. Mire. The board recommended that the respondent be suspended from the practice of law for a year and a day, six months deferred. The respondent made allegations of corruption against the presiding judge in a case she was handling, burdened the bankruptcy court and the district court with numerous frivolous appeals, and delayed resolving her client’s bankruptcy case. She also failed timely to remit funds as ordered by the bankruptcy court, and she violated the bankruptcy court’s explicit order to disgorge funds.
- Satrica Williams-Bensaadat. The board recommended that the respondent be publicly reprimanded. She refused to endorse her former client’s settlement check for a few months, which prevented the former client from receiving her funds in a prompt manner.
- William Paul Polk II. The board recommended that the respondent be suspended from the practice of law for a year and a day. While handling a succession matter for a client, the respondent became ineligible to practice law for failing to pay bar dues, failing to meet MCLE requirements, and failing to satisfy trust account registration requirements. He also failed to return an unearned fee to his client.
- Steven Courtney Gill. The board recommended that the respondent be suspended from the practice of law for a year and a day. The respondent was arrested multiple times for alcohol-related offenses, and he was dishonest with ODC regarding the circumstances of his arrest.
Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board Hearing Committees
There were no Hearing Committee decisions for the month of July.